After our initial consultation and agreement to work together through the signing of a Listing Agreement, the following steps will follow. In addition to the Listing Agreement paperwork, you will be provided with a Seller’s Disclosure form to complete about your property’s condition. Also, a property survey and a notarized T-47 will be needed.
1. Prepare your home: I will share tips and advice to help you prr home show as well as it can. Part of my marketing services include a consultation with a professional stager who will make recommendations to help your home look its best. You will also be given a copy of my home selling guide, 89 Ways to Help Sell Your Home…Fast and for More Money! Basic ideas to prepare your home are to have it thoroughly cleaned, decluttered, and depersonalized.
2. Set the price: I will share with you market information about other similar homes in your neighborhood that have recently sold (“comps”). Using that information as a guide, it is important to take into consideration the condition of your home, your urgency in selling, and the overall market conditions when you set a list price. It is critical to price your home correctly from the beginning in order to generate interest and credibility in the marketplace. If your list your home too high, it will cause less traffic to view your home, and your home will ultimately spend longer on the market and generally sell for less than if you priced it at market value from the beginning. My expert experience can guide you to setting a competitive list price.
3. Get ready to list: Prior to going on the market, I can work to generate a pre-market “Buzz” about your home by marketing it to my large network of Realtors® who may have buyers looking for a home like yours. Once active, in order to get maximum exposure of your home to show it to the widest audience of prospective home buyers, I not only put your home on the Multiple Listing Service, but also ensure that it gets put on several widely viewed home websites. Your home will show at its best on these websites, as I use skilled professional photographers to photograph your home. In addition to placing your home on the internet, where most buyers look, I have several other marketing strategies that I can share with you.
4. List: I will have the sellers verify and confirm the details of the home before I place it as active on the MLS. I will also coordinate the showing instructions. The sellers job during this time is to make sure to keep the home “show ready” and to accommodate the showing of the home by prospective buyers and their agent. It is best for sellers to not be present while the home is being shown. We can discuss any concerns you may have.
5. Once you get an offer: Once you have received an offer(s) on your home, I will sit down with you to review the terms, such as the asking price, financing information, desired close date, any special contingencies, etc. You will have the options to accept the offer as written, accept it with changes (counter offer), or reject it altogether. Once both parties have agreed to the terms and signed the contract, it will be a legally binding, so be sure to express any questions or concerns before signing.
6. Negotiation: The two most common times during a transaction to negotiate are when you first receive an offer, and once accepted, during the Option Period when buyers typically request repairs and/or a cash consolation to address repairs that showed up on their inspection report. As a Certified Negotiation Expert, I have several skills and strategies to help you negotiate the buyers’ requested terms, such as the price and repairs.
7. Preparing for closing: After moving past the Option Period, I will continue to serve as your advocate when working with service providers, the buyer’s agent, and title company. During this time, the title company and lender (assuming it’s not a cash deal) will work together to get documents in place for the closing. If a lender is involved on the buyer side, there will be an appraisal conducted on your home.
8. Closing: Closing will occur once all conditions of the contract have been met, the title work is in place, and the buyer’s lender has approved the buyers’ loan. Once all this is in place, we will schedule a closing appointment at the title company, or I will help to coordinate a “mail out” if you are not in the area.
While great marketing of your home is important, so is knowing that I will be there with you every step of the process, from making sure that all the proper paper work is filled out, to assisting with service providers, to reviewing and assisting with the negotiation of offers. Selling a home and moving can be a very stressful time. I take great pride in serving as an ally to help the process go as smoothly and successfully as possible to get you the best results. I maintain excellent communication throughout the process so you always know what to expect, and make myself readily available to handle your questions and concerns.
Here is what a few of my Seller clients have had to say about their experience with me listing their home:
Our experience with Kristen Jacobs as our listing agent was outstanding! She is effective, professional, friendly, knowledgeable and most importantly, helped us set a price/square record in our neighborhood in two days on the market! The offer closed in a swift manor allowing us to purchase our new home in out of state. When my husband found a job opportunity back east I was stressed out about selling our house, relocating and the general upheaval to our lives. She went above and beyond by not only selling our house at a great price but she also helped us take care of the details that come up during closure and moving. She put a lot of effort into marketing by hiring an excellent photographer who made our home look stunning! The online listing looked great and I loved how the “Twist Tour” gave us statistics about views. We really couldn’t have asked for anything more, she really treated us like family.
Kristen has so many traits that make her an EXCEPTIONAL realtor and pleasant person to work with, and my husband and I couldn’t be happier with our choice to hire her to list our Hyde Park home. This was our first experience selling a house, and Kristen sat down with us to thoroughly go over the process with us. She was incredibly well organized, prepared, and knowledgeable about the market conditions, helping us to set a competitive price for our home. Before the home was even put on the market, Kristen made thoughtful suggestions about how to prepare the house so that it showed best to prospective buyers. She even went as far as to dedicate her time and energy to help us power wash the walk way! She really went above and beyond what I ever would have expected in a realtor, and found her to be patient, attentive, and professional throughout the whole process. She was incredibly reliable and had exceptional communication with us throughout the process.
Through Kristen’s strong marketing program, realtor networking, and hard work, we had multiple offers on our home the first weekend it came on the market. Once under contract, Kristen continued to stay in regular communication with us, and successfully negotiated on our behalf.
Kristen truly exceeded our expectations and has an incredible work ethic. If you want to work a down to earth real estate professional who will get the job done and communicate with you honestly throughout the process, then Kristen is the agent for you.
Mark and Liz Abrahams
Kristen represented my husband, Ben, and I as both buyers and sellers in the Austin market. When we initially expressed interest in relocating to a different part of Austin, Kristen thoroughly gathered information about our wants and needs. We knew that in the current housing market that buying a new home could be challenging as inventory turns over very fast. We found the “perfect” home and Kristen worked diligently to help us make the right offer. Once our offer was accepted, she was in constant communication with us to ensure a smooth close. When it came time to sell our previous home, we knew we wanted Kristen to represent us again! She did not disappoint, hiring a professional photographer to take the pictures we used on the MLS website. Our home had multiple offers within 48 hours and we believe that was, in part, due to Kristen’s professionalism and hard work. We would highly recommend her if you are looking for a great, knowledgeable realtor!